Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Heavenly Filled Strawberries

I found this amazing recipe, called Heavenly Filled Strawberries. Our whole family loves strawberries, especially my mom. So I made them this afternoon. They are a very elegant dish. Here is the recipe. I didn't have grated chocolate, but I did have leftover chocolate chips, so I melted them and made that my little garnish. I also didn't put chocolate on all of them.This recipe is a very very simple, easy and enjoyable treat for everyone.



HEAVENLY FILLED STRAWBERRIES 
36 Servings      Prep/Total  Time: 20min.

Ingredents:
* 1 pound fresh strawberries
*2 pkgs (one 8oz, one 3oz.) cream cheese, softened
*1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
*1/4 teaspoon almond extract
*Grated chocolate

Directions:
* Remove stems from strawberries;cut a deep "X" in the tip of each berry. Gently spread berries open.
* In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and extract until light and fluffy. Pipe or spoon about 2 teaspoons into each berry; sprinkle with chocolate. Chill until serving. Yield: about 3 dozen 

Nutrition Facts: I filled strawberry (calculated without chocolate) equals 41 calories, 3 grams of fat ( 2 grams saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 26mg sodium, 3 grams carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 gram protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 fat




No comments:

Post a Comment